It's possible to change the client workspace target to skip the initial download operation; this is useful when your workspace is big, or you want to preserve the workspace path.
You can use both the GUI or the CLI to change the server target, let's review both.
The following image shows the Plastic SCM GUI with a workspace called "CmdRunnerLocal", the workspace is working with the "CmdRunnelLocal" repository of the "localhost:8087" server, that is the default TCP and port protocols.
To change the workspace to start using "ssl:localhost:8088" instead you need to do the following:
- Write the new server spec at the "Server:" textbox, in this case, "ssl:localhost:8088".
- Right-click the repository list the repository your workspace is working with, "CmdRunnelLocal" in this example. Select "View branch explorer".
- Using the branch explorer, search your working branch, changeset or label, right click it and choose to switch to it.
The switch operation will update your workspace metadata and saves the data download from the Plastic SCM server as you already have it in your workspace.
The CLI way is way more direct, but it will require you to execute a CLI command, something this is not straight forward for new users.
- Open a command line window/terminal.
- Change the working directory to the workspace path. (cd /path/to/workspace)
- Run a "cm status --nochanges" command to review the changeset your workspace is loading:
d:\wkspaces\CmdRunnerLocal>cm status --nochanges
- Run a switch operation to the working changeset but targeting the new server protocol/port:
d:\wkspaces\CmdRunnerLocal>cm switch cs:33@CmdRunnerLocal@ssl://localhost:8088
The server you are connecting to has sent a certificate that is not in the
store. This is normal if it is the first time that you connect to this server.
- Issued to: CN=DESKTOP-VL3ETTA
- Issued by: CN=DESKTOP-VL3ETTA
- Expiration date: 11/04/2029 12:37:09
- Certificate hash: E97A060CB1B135A6946EB84B21D6C6F6600DCC9D
If you trust this host, choose 'Yes' to add the key to the Plastic SCM key
store (recommended if it is the first time you connect to this server).
If you want to carry on connecting just once, without adding the key to the
store, choose 'No'.
If you do not trust this host, choose 'Cancel' to abandon the connection.
(C)ancel (hitting Enter cancels): Y
Performing switch operation...
Setting the new selector...
Plastic is updating your workspace. Wait a moment, please...
The workspace d:\wkspaces\CmdRunnerLocal is up-to-date (cset:33@CmdRunnerLocal@localhost:8087)
Now the workspace has the metadata fixed, and you can start working with the new server specification.