We have two ways to migrate repos to a new Plastic SCM server:
1. Use a Sync Replication view to replicate your repo to the new server. (https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gui/plastic-scm-version-control-gui-guide#Chapter23:TheSynchronizationview):
- Conceptually easy and you can perform partial or incremental replicas.
- It will not preserve the CS numbers (the CS GUIDs will be the same).
2. Move the database backups to the new server and link the repos running the "cm addrep --help" command:
- It has the advantage of ensuring all data and metadata remains the same.
- If you are using Jet, you can just move the "rep_x" folders. MySQL has also very good tools to export/import databases (mysqldump).
Example: Moving the "core" repo to a new server
- Run the following command to identify the database index:
cm lrep --format=TABLE
1 default SERVER:8087
2 core SERVER:8087
3 engine SERVER:8087
- Move the "jet/rep_2" folder to the new server "jet" folder.
- Link the repo to the new server running the following command:
cm addrep rep_2 core NEWSERVER:8087